Ngara Institute – the Activists Think Tank
The Ngara Institute is a not-for- profit activist think tank which puts people, communities and the planet before increasingly predatory capitalism. We offer an intellectual and engaging space to critically reflect on how we can achieve a more just, peaceful and sustainable world based on the common good rather than private interest.
Politics in the Pub
Ngara Institute organised in 2016 a monthly ‘Politics in the Pub’ gathering in the Courthouse Pub Mullumbimby. Each month a new guest speaker is invited. Around 180 people attend and it has become one of the Byron Shires most active regular political events. Visit the Ngara website for the upcoming program.
The Purpose of the institute is to:
- provide a counter narrative to the views and opinions of Australian neoliberal think tanks;
- foster critical thinking about local, national, and international issues such as peace, globalisation, diminishing democracy, climate change, financial greed and growing inequality;
- work alongside other peace and justice organisations for a more equitable, non-violent and compassionate future based on social justice and human rights and pursuit of the common good;
- assert and support values and practices that enhance the life of all species and ecosystems;
- learn and apply indigenous world views to all areas of life;
- articulate and encourage post-carbon- growth scenarios;
- revitalise local-democratic civic cultures, neighbourliness and cooperative systems of production;
- inspire and promote viable and workable solutions to the complex challenges we all face.
Facebook Page Posts
This message is only visible to site admins
Backup cache in use.